11.01.2007

The holiday rush is upon me......

I had this eerie feeling this morning when I got out of bed. I knew without a doubt that I had procrastinated my Christmas shopping AGAIN. Give me a break will you. This same thing happened last year and I swore up and down that I would get started early this year. At any rate, I will be strapped to my sewing machine and scrapbooking table for the next 35 days and beautiful gifts will abound.
We recently took a weekend jaunt to Henderson, NV to see my Dad. The weather was perfect down there. We had a great time getting to know his new girlfriend, Kathy. She is a lot of fun to be around. She took all the little girls and bought wigs for a Halloween party. From the looks of it, the adults had more fun with the wigs then the kids did. I don't know about you, but I think the mullet is just NASTY.


The kids found their own fun in the pool Grandpa had just put in. All the locals thought they were crazy for swimming in the 75 degree weather, but it's all relative. We've been dealing with near freezing temperatures in Utah so it was nothing to swimming a 70 degree pool. The back wall of the pool made a great stage for the kids to act silly and dance. There was an 8 a.m. (you couldn't stop them) show and a 10 p.m. (still full of energy) for our enjoyment.

No comments: